Thursday, March 1, 2007

Thank You Speech

Perhaps it's the Oscar fever, or my excitement over the opportunities of blogs (very "swagu" i know)..but most likely it's due to the long-bottled up feelings of gratitude and blessedness i've accumulated since my life began; i have again, suddenly the overwhelming urge to finally materialize this imaginary list of people in my life whom i have alot to thank for(cos who knows if i'll still be around tomorrow??), so here it is, in rough chronological order:

To my Dad:
You've been a pillar of support & guidance all my life. Thank you for respecting my choices in life, for providing the wisdom & resources that allowed me to develop into who i am and who i can be, and for being able to take care of the whole family so well that it grants me the freedom to pursue my own dreams.

To my Mom:
You're the best mother, kindest person, most generous-hearted woman and most dependable friend a girl can ask for...I'm truly proud when people liken me to you...please believe me!!

To my Siblings:

I cannot imagine anyone else more fun, inspiring, and humbling to grow up with. So sorry if i was ever a bad example..

Special note to my Twin:
Twinny, you're MORE than my arms and legs combined....need i say more? Let's continue to walk the rest of the journey together, and into our next lives, haha.

To my Grandma:
親愛的奶奶,十分珍惜與您共渡的時光。妥您的福,我才能深刻地體會到許多人生經驗與道理;最重要的是,您的存在讓我在成人的階段裡享盡了另一份做孫女陪伴祖母的喜悅!請您繼續加油!!

To my 二叔:
Thank you for taking such good care of me and grandma everytime i'm in Taiwan...i feel much much indebted.

To my Singapore & Taiwan Family:

Thank you for being part of my family's lives and dramas and showering much concern and support all this while!

To my Singapore & Taiwan Friends:

Thank you for letting me into your lives at one point or another - adding so much colour and richness into my otherwise too-simple life...these memories alone will be enough to fuel our friendships for a long long time to come...

To my Friends & Family in Japan:
いつもお世話になりましてありがとう。皆さんと出会えたことなんてとてもうれしいものだと思います。これからも宜しくお願いしますので、皆さんお頑張りましょう!

To my closest Pals:
You know who you are...thank you for growing up with me, for being the bright (& wacky) sparks in my life, and for offering your sisterhoods so unconditionally. You can be sure I reciprocate that!

To Dr Vincent Tan of the NUS Mech. Engineering Dept. & Connie Puar of HBA:
Thank you for the encouragement and belief in me, helping me out when i was at crossroads not too long ago. Will definitely drop by to say hi in the near future...Best wishes!

To the driving forces behind id illustrated:
Thank you for introducing me into the world of design and showing me the ropes so patiently. I am honoured to be trained by and to work alongside all of you during those green years. All the best.

To RISD & DIS:
Thank you for the chance to earn my dream degree, and for opening my eyes to the values and inspirations behind architecture & design. Special thanks to Morten Lund - for showing me how one celebrates life and living in itself.


To all the Friends & Family i've made in USA & other parts of the World (Scandinavia, Europe & India):
It has been great fun and comfort knowing you all...you're my closest and most frequent connections now! Thank you to the families who always welcomed me with open arms into their homes...especially those who had never even met me before! Sorry for the trouble time and again.

Finally, To the Inexplicable Forces that made everything possible:

Thank you very much.

No regrets now =)
ming



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey nice blog! am i the first the comment? keep in touch ya!

- Grace (TJC)

Anonymous said...

i saw yr portfolio, impressive! sincerely hope u will find what u've been looking for... remember to look after yourself.